Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lemon Wit Update

The Lemon Wit is done. I let it ferment in the primary for seven days before moving it to the keg. I then force carbonated it for about 2-3 days. It turned out really well. It has a somewhat darker than normal amber color for a wheat-style beer, but everything else about it screams Belgian Wit. It has a great citrus aroma upfront followed by a nice smooth, crisp feel. It has a great lemon addition to the flavor, as well as just the right amount of spiciness. This is a great summer beer and is easily the best wheat beer I've ever made. I also really like the lemon flavor; it's something different as almost all wheat beers have an orange flavor accent. I'm very pleased.

OG: 1.043
FG: 1.013
ABV of approximately 4%

Until Next Time,
RHSC

No comments:

Post a Comment