Monday, July 2, 2012

The Ultimate Compliment

A little while ago, a good friend of mine got engaged. He and his bride to be are getting married sometime in January. He asked me to be a part of the wedding in a somewhat original way. He asked me to make the beer for his reception. I, of course, accepted. What an awesome compliment. I will need to get some more equipment (oh darn) in order to do this right, but he's offering to help me buy some of that, not to mention he's buying the ingredients for the beer. This is so cool. I'm really looking forward to this. I'll be making 2-3 beers and one cider. We're currently discussing types of beer. This should be fun!

Until Next Time,
RHSC

2 comments:

  1. "oh darn".

    ...it is a little more pressure (ack!), but you brew some pretty consistently great flavors, so cheers!

    i'm excited to hear whether you plan to bottle (and give yourself some "recovery time" in the event of a disaster), or push for several kegs for an "on tap" reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan right now is to keg everything and serve it from the tap. I may bottle a flat cider, but we'll see how everything goes. I think it will just be easier if it's all in kegs.

    ReplyDelete