Sunday, June 17, 2012

New Faucet

A friend of mine bought me a Perlick stainless steel tower faucet for my birthday back in May. I had been having issues with leaks with the faucet that came with the kegerator pretty much since I got it. Both the faucet and elbow shank were original to the fridge and were honestly just worn out. I bought a new elbow shank and installed the faucet on the tower yesterday. It works great! There are no leaks or issues at all. I can control the flow of the beer a lot easier and am in love. I have looked at Perl faucets in the past and thought they were kind of pricey, but I can tell you (even after just one day) they are worth it. When I upgrade to a two-tap tower, I will be getting another Perlick to go with this one to replace the standard faucets that new tower comes with. I really like how simple and sturdy it is. It doesn't have a lot of working parts, which leaves less room for mishaps. The faucet itself is one piece (no moving ball pieces or locking joints on the faucet), which removes a lot of the leaking and pressure issues I was having with the other faucet. I know that standard faucets are a lot cheaper and ridiculously easy to find, but I highly recommend going for a Perl. This thing is awesome!

Until Next Time,
RHSC

2 comments:

  1. loving your blog, keep it up, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a birthday celebrant, I'd never expect to receive a stainless steel tower faucet. How thoughtful of your friend to give you that as a present. I'm glad that there are no current leaks or issues at all on your new tower. Well, there are cheaper faucets that have excellent quality, my friend, and what's most interesting is that they look expensive. :) Just be patient when you're looking for one.

    ReplyDelete