Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hard Cider Update

I recently tried both the flat and sparkling cider. Both turned out very nicely. The sparkling cider is a little sweeter and has an extra little kick that the flat cider doesn't have. They are both very smooth and crisp. They are both on the dry side, which I like. A friend of mine called it "Sneaky Cider" because it packs quite a punch. I misplaced my hydrometer while I was making this so I have no clue what the ABV is on this batch, but if I had to guess, I would say it is high--over 6% probably (especially since the airlock bubbled constantly for about 12 days).  I like this and would experiment with it again, especially since it was so easy to make.

Until Next Time,
RHSC

1 comment:

  1. 5 gallons of HT juice + 2 lbs of dextrose had me at 1.06 (7.5% potential).

    I'm guessing 1 lb of sugar and 2 lbs of honey had you sitting a bit higher.

    ReplyDelete